The Division of Student Affairs at Missouri S&T promotes the advancement of learning opportunities that support the on-going professional development of our staff.
Development efforts are designed to embrace the critical values of the profession through collaborative opportunities for networking, education, and service with colleagues.
Student Affairs Accounting Learning Community meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 3-4pm, to discuss current issues involving University business processes and accounting topics. Select staff members from Student Affairs departments are invited to meet and create a forum for discussion of relevant issues where the combined talents and experience of group members can be utilized to assess and resolve current challenges.
Program Administrator Collaboration (PAC) meets the first Wednesday of each the month at 11:00am when classes are in session. Entry level professional staff members are invited to participate. PAC promotes collaboration among staff, networking opportunities, and opportunities for professional development through guest speakers and discussion on current topics.
For more information about Professional Development Groups email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These national and international organizations provide support and networking for the variety of professions employed with the Division of Student Affairs.
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) - www.collegecounseling.org
- American College Health Association (ACHA) - www.acha.org
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) - www.acpa.nche.edu
- American Counseling Association (ACA) - www.counseling.org
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) - www.acesonline.net
- Association of College and University Housing Officers International - http://www.acuho-i.org/
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI) - www.acui.org
- Association of Fraternity Advisors (AFA) - http://www.afa1976.org/
- Association for Student Conduct Administrators (ASCA) - www.ascaonline.org
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) - www.ahead.org
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) - www.case.org
- Council for Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) - http://www.cas.edu/
- International Leadership Association (ILA) - www.ila-net.org
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) - www.naceweb.org
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) - www.nacurh.org
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) - www.naspa.org
- National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) - www.nirsa.org
- Student Affairs Leadership Council - www.educationadvisoryboard.com/salc/default.asp
- StudentAffairs.com - http://www.studentaffairs.com/