Commencement Student Speaker
Congratulations, seniors! It’s your last semester at Missouri S&T. You’ve learned the skills to succeed professionally, overcome challenges to grow personally, and you’re prepared to move on to the next step. Throughout your time at S&T, you’ve made countless memories and have inspiring stories to tell for a lifetime, and we’re inviting you to share them with your peers during your commencement ceremony!
All undergraduate seniors are encouraged to audition for the exciting opportunity to be one of the first student speakers for the fall 2017 commencement ceremonies. One student from each college will be selected to deliver a commencement speech at each ceremony, which means four students will have the chance to address their fellow classmates, friends, and family at their commencement ceremony on December 16, 2017.
How to Apply:
- Prepare your application materials.
- Proposed speech of no more than 4 minutes (420 words) in length
- Current resume
- Submit your Commencement Student Speaker application and required materials online by Monday, October 2, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
- Finalists will be contacted to audition in front of the selection committee.
- Selected speakers will be notified and must formally accept in writing by Monday, November 6, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.