The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is made possible by the generosity of donors committed to helping students with critical, basic needs achieve their educational goals at Missouri S&T.
The SEF is administered by the Division of Student Affairs to help ensure Missouri S&T students have access to the support and resources they need to successfully recover from an unforeseeable financial emergency.
The goal of this fund is to prevent one small emergency or unexpected expense from derailing a student’s progress toward degree completion.
Other financial needs arising from an unexpected emergency or extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on an individualized basis.
1. Submit the application and supporting documentation.
2. Consult with a care manager to discuss your situation.
3. A minimum qualification review will occur as a preliminary step by a subcommittee of the Student Emergency Fund Committee. This step includes a review of other potential resources to meet the student's needs.
4. If minimum qualifications are met and there are no other potential resources, the entire Student Emergency Fund Committee will evaluate the request.
5. The student will be notified of the determination of the Committee.
6. If approved, payments will be made directly to vendors and outside parties.
The Student Emergency Fund is limited by availability of funds, and therefore the number of students who may be able to utilize this resource is limited. Because the fund is sustained by generous contributions from staff, faculty, students, alumni, parents, and friends of the University, we rely on and appreciate donations to the SEF.
Missouri S&T employees may make a tax-deductible contribution to the SEF through payroll deduction. Employees may complete the payroll deduction form online. For questions about the payroll deduction process, please contact Advancement Services at 573-341-4944.
To make a one-time tax-deductible donation, visit S&T Giving and select “Student Emergency Fund (708740)” option under Initiatives.
More Questions? Please contact Student Support and Community Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-4209.